Friday, November 07, 2008

Why Pray?

I got this fro Campus Journal last night. This is a good reminder for everyone. In relation to this, you may want to read 2 Chronicles 7:13-22 also. :)

Pray.

It's something we need to do, so they say.

But I say, why pray?

The grass still grows, the autumn wind still blows.

I prayed. The action was made.

But it didn't turn out right.

I fumbled for the Light.

Why is it worth doing?

Why pray?

To see.

Is that You, Lord?

Pray to Me.

Lord, I have prayed.

Things haven't changed, it seems...

You don't understand. I heard your plans.

My eyes and ears are open wide.

But you've been all wrapped up inside.

Lord, when I pray I don't hear what You say.

Stop to listen.

Come to me without demands.

Humble yourself. Open your hands.

Lord, I long to see. I long to hear.

Pray. Don't turn away.

Lord, forgive me.

I have prayed, but haven't understood.

Pray, My child. It's for your good.

I will pray.

It is a privilege I now see.

And now I know prayer changes me.

Pray, I am near. Pray, I still hear.

Lord, I will pray, I will obey.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home